Who Are We?
We are Philip and Stephanie Walmsley (mainly Stephanie, actually, with lots of support from fabulous Philip). I, Stephanie, started Homeschool Family Life (formerly ‘The Broad Room’ ) in 2002 because I saw a need for good, professional, homeschool help available from someone who has ‘walked the talk’.
We homeschooled all five of our children, starting in 1985. The older two children spent some time in school, so we know what it’s like to make the transition from school to homeschool and back. The younger three children never went to school. Our daughter is now homeschooling our grandson.
I will encourage you to focus on your children and your own family when making your homeschooling decisions, rather than looking for a perfect method or curriculum, or comparing yourself to others, or trying to fit into the system.
Who Is This Website For?
This website is for you if:
you want to homeschool your children in a way which suits them and you.
you are looking for encouragement and inspiration to teach your children in the way that you will all enjoy, looking at what your children need and then responding to that.
you are ready to be encouraged, inspired and taught, yourself.
What Can I Offer You?
- Beautiful, comprehensive online courses on the subject of home education to save you time and money, and help you avoid common pitfalls and mistakes in your homeschooling.
- Downloadable eBooks on family living and learning
- Downloadable study guides to help you enjoy teaching your child and to save you time preparing work.
- Free downloadable eBooks to bless and encourage you.
- Book reviews and recommendations, to save you time and energy in choosing books for your family.
Where do You Go Next?
To see my courses: Courses for Homeschooling Parents
To see eBooks, Study Guides and free gifts: My Shop
To see my choice in books: My Bookshelf